Monday 21 July 2014

To cut or not to cut.

I think there are two kinds of people - those that like to cut flowers from their garden for inside and those that don't.
I am one of the ones that likes to bring flowers inside the house. I like to have a reminder of what awaits me when I step outside, and I love to have my collection of vases filled with flowers that show them off.


It's also a great opportunity to see what flowers look good together, and a photo is a good reminder of what is blooming at the same time.


My vases are nothing special, but each has a memory. One may have belonged to my mother, or was given to me by a friend. or maybe it is just a bottle I found in the garden when I was digging around.





This collection of monkshood, bergamot, and perennial sunflowers is what greets me these days when I step outside. It doesn't get much more cheerful than this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment