Sunday 3 August 2014

Garlic harvest

Like many others at this time of the year I harvested my garlic.
It is probably not such a grand harvest as others may have, but it took so little effort, it was like something for nothing.
Last September I left the garden here in Canada in the hands of my hubby. He is not exactly a gardener, but did enjoy the harvests late into the fall.
Then he left around mid October. On my instructions he took the left over garlic from the kitchen and spent a few minutes planting the cloves in a few empty spaces in the vege bed. That was it- until a few days ago when I went in and did the harvest.


There are 27 cloves of garlic! Some are a good size, some a little on the small size, but there is certainly enough to get us through the next 7 weeks that we are in Canada, and maybe even a few cloves to plant again so we can do it all over again.
This has got to be the best returns for effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment