Saturday 28 February 2015

Garden inspired art

As we head into late summer, the days are starting to shorten. The changes can be felt in the air. it is still hot and dry but the light is softer and the heat not as intense.
The chooks seem to be feeling it as well. They seem to be taking turns taking the day off. We are getting less eggs, which isn't such a bad thing as I was having trouble finding uses for the 4 a day I was getting.
The end of summer fruit is coming into its own. The heady aroma of ripening grapes sweeps me away whenever I walk out on the deck . For some reason the possums and birds have left these alone. I guess there are enough ripening on the rest of the property that they are not bothered to brave getting close to the house.
Yesterday the first fig got eaten. it didn't have the soft over ripe sweetness that I love, but it was certainly an indication that that wasn't far off.
It seems strange not to have to organize the garden and produce for the future. Not to harvest the dried beans to eat, not to make jam from the lovely peaches or plums and not to save seeds for next season.
But instead I have taken inspiration from the garden to try and capture a few moments of the beauty that surrounds me here.







No comments:

Post a Comment