Friday 21 July 2017

New garden beds and mini roofs for the gates.

Back to B.C and the cool climate here. Mixed successes in the garden. Peas, lettuce,collards and cool loving plants doing well. Tomatoes, beans and other warmth loving plants not so well-they certainly didn't like being planted in the garden early June when we left here.
The last few weeks we have continued to work on landscaping the areas we started in May.


Continuing the drift wood theme I have created garden beds with driftwood gathered on the beach.
A few of the odd corners that I can't plant I lined with weed mat and filled with the smooth stones I collected from the beach



Other beds I lined with cardboard and filled with a mix of top soil and sea soil compost.
I have seeded some of the beds with a hopefully deer resistant mix of flowers and other beds with a buck wheat green manure.

The new gates we made to go in the new fences we topped with the cutest little roofs.



The weather is starting to warm up a little but even so I'll continue to plant only cool weather loving veges.

No comments:

Post a Comment