Saturday 21 September 2013

Spring Flowers

I am not used to being here in New Zealand at this time of the year. It is amazing to see all the spring flowers around.
These plum blossoms are like a white cloud. No wonder the tree produces so much fruit each year.


This is one of the strangest daffodils. It must have come from a mixed packet I planted 10 yrs ago.


I think this is some kind of African daisy. The colours are amazing.


The calendulas look magnificent against the stone wall.


This camellia I got from mum about 10yrs ago and have never seen it bloom. The small bush is now covered with these beautiful flowers.


The fragrance of freesias is what I remember best about the spring gardens here. I have clumps of them all around the house and vases of them inside, so I am constantly aware of their fragrance where ever I am.

The colour of these iris is stunning. I can't even remember where they came from, but by the size of the clump in the over-grown grass they are obviously doing well.


The smell of jasmine is another reminder that it is spring.


This michaelia we planted a while back. The small bush is now a big tree and right now is covered in blooms.


Another iris of the most delicate lilac.


This nectarine tree has lots of blossom on it. In the 10 yrs since we planted it, it has never fruited. Maybe this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment