Thursday 25 December 2014

Back in New Zealand

Arriving back in New Zealand I am once again overwhelmed by how over grown everything is. The grass is out of control, and the weeds in the garden are huge. But one step at a time, and slowly I'll get it all under control once again.
When it all gets too much I wander around with my camera and record all the great things that are happening in the garden even without me.
 
 
First thing I go out armed with scissors and cut some flowers to fill a vase or two or three.
 
 
 
 There seems to be quite a lot of flowers hidden under the weeds. From the sweet smelling roses and jasmine to the hot coloured canna lilies. It's a little bit like a treasure hunt.
 

The last of the December peaches are ready to harvest, and the avocados are thick on the tree.
The lemons are turning yellow and the early apples are ready to eat.
There always seems to be something to harvest.

 




 
 






 
It is easy to get distracted from the work, but it is time to put the camera away and pull out the lawn mower. At least I know there is something to look forward to when the work is done.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment