Monday 5 January 2015

Getting sorted

Lately it seemed as if I wasn't making any progress here and I was definitely feeling over whelmed.
I just spent the last week fighting with our internet provider, the lawns looked like a hayfield and the weeds in the garden definitely had more promise than the flowers or veges.
Just as I was ready to throw up my hands it seems as if I finally made some giant steps forward.
The internet got sorted and I am back on line, the lawns are starting to look like... well lawns, and the garden beds are getting cleared of weeds just in time to plant out the rapidly growing seedlings.

 


As I pulled out my huge collection of seeds I realised there was some serious discarding to do. There were seeds that had been around for 10 years or more. After that big clear out it was a lot easier to organise and store what was left.

 
 
The seedlings are growing fast and some are big enough to move into the garden.
 
 
Actually I am ready to start harvesting some lettuce seedlings I bought the day I arrived here. So that really feels like progress.
Also I found quite a good harvest of garlic under the mountain of weeds. I harvested about 45 bulbs. Should be enough to get us through the summer and have some left over to plant again before  we leave.
 
 

My neighbours have once again gone travelling for the summer and left me their 4 hens to hen sit for the next few months. It is lovely to be getting those fresh eggs every day.
Now that I am feeling back in control of things here I can start to relax and enjoy some of this wonderful summer weather we are having.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment