Thursday 23 June 2016

Quick Trip

I am winding up a quick trip to my garden in Ontario.
What can you do to a garden in 3 weeks. Actually quite a bit as it turns out.
The weeds have been removed and the bare earth planted. I have sown  lots of beans, peas and sunflowers from seed I have saved over the years.Any other areas I find the space I have sprinkled alyssum seeds. I'll call it all green manure if I don't return this summer and if I do get back there may be something to harvest.
Lots of herbs growing strong- both perennials and self sown. The apple trees have lots of small apples and the flowers are elbowing each other for space, so not so many weeds there.


I may or may not be back later in the summer, but hopefully I have done enough to get the garden through another season.
Now it is time to pack for the return trip to B.C and see how the garden has fared there. I have anxiously been following the weather there and it seems like the rain fall has been adequate, so if the deer kept out all should be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment